Some commonly asked questions of brides are the differences between the types and lengths of the veils. Here is a list that will answer all of these questions. There are different styles of veils namely:
- Short or Blusher: this veil is used to cover the face while walking towards the altar. This veil has to touch just the shoulder and is usually between approximately 55 and 65 centimeters long. It is traditional. It covers the face of the bride when she enters the church and during the ceremony. At the moment of the kiss, the groom raises the veil. After the kiss, it is put back to cover the hair.
Length to Elbow: This type of veil generally reaches the elbow and / or waist. The length varies depending on the height but is around 75 centimeters long. It starts almost always hidden behind the headdress and goes down all the way back to the waist. It can vary slightly depending on the line or style of the dress.
- Type Coat: It is like a layer that covers from the head, opens to the sides of the face and then closes a little below the waist. It is also called waterfall type veil, shorter in the front and wavy effect on the sides. It is one of the most used by brides. It fits perfectly with dresses with a strapless corset.
- Elbow Tips: this veil extends below the waist and should reach the tips of the fingers. Depending on the height of the bride, the length can vary between approximately 85 to 125 centimeters.
- Chapel: chapel veils extend to the ground. The length depends on the height. This type of veil has the same length as the dress, even covers the tail of it. Despite its size, it is easy to remove.
- Cathedral: this veil is very long and is generally associated with royalty. The length of this veil is at least 2 and a half meters.
- Mantilla type: this type of veil is currently being taken. Usually, it has elaborate lace. They leave the face clear and usually have a length to the elbow.
I hope all this information has helped you to choose the type of veil that you will use the day dreamed. If you know of any other type you can let us know in the comment.